Why blogging is important
Blogging is absolutely one of the best ways to market your company on the web. There are two main reasons that blogging is important. First of all, a blog keeps your customers informed about relevant products, news, updates, and any special offers. Secondly, a blog greatly increases your visibility online and allows for SEO optimization. Improve your search engine rank by including good textual content and relevant keywords in strategic positions across your blog posts.
Here are a few specific ways a blog can be of great value to your company:
- Communication. A blog is an open forum for discussion. Set up your blog so customers can comment on blog posts. This is an efficient way to receive feedback from them directly. Responding back to your customers helps to build strong relationships and connections on a more personal level. Those personal connections can translate to future business.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Frequent blogging can unquestionably improve your Google ranking. Google always searches for the most relevant and up-to-date data. As a result, a direct association exists between new published content and Google page ranking (more details below).
- Education and Reputation. Customers always want the most up-to-date product information, special offers, relevant news and company updates. Giving insight to your customers about all these topics is valuable, and strengthens your status as a reliable source of information. In turn, this improves your Google rank since your blog will have fresh, useful, content and is likely to generate more internal and external links.
- Keeping it Fresh. Like your lawn, you need to maintain your blog for optimal growth. The only way to preserve your blog’s well-being is by posting frequently and replying to comments. Your customers want to see that you are an active blogger, or else they might lose interest in your company. The idea here being that you can use a blog to promote your continued expertise in a given area. Furthermore, you can show your customers that you are keeping your expertise up to date with what matters to them. Provide interesting and thought-provoking content for your blog posts so that you will gain new readers and customers.
Re: Blogging-SEO-Digital Marketing – It’s All Linked and Part of the Digital Marketing Ecosystem
- Keywords. Keywords matter. A lot. The way keywords are used in your is part of an ongoing conversation that you are having with both customers and search engines.
- Links. Credible, legitimate external sites linking to your website improve your Google rank. People who like your blog post will link to it. The more links to your blog, the more reputable your company appears to search engines.
- Title Tags, Meta Descriptions, and Headings. The title tag, meta descriptions, and page headings are another source of incorporating relevant keywords as you’re creating your rich-text blog content. Having appropriate title tags, meta descriptions and headings on the web page can even further elevate your ranking on Google.