OpportunityThe Amputee Coalition is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide resources, support, and advocacy for those with limb loss and limb difference. They recognized that their website had been a fairly static tool, and wanted to maximize its usefulness in attracting more people to learn about their services. They reached out to Pedestal to help them boost their organic search presence and increase the number of unique visitors to their website.
- Increase traffic to Amputee Coalition’s website to boost brand awareness and grow the reach and impact of their events and resources.
- Create content that would be of interest to their existing community while increasing their effective exposure and attracting new visitors to the website.
Client BackgroundThe Amputee Coalition is dedicated to ensuring that no one faces limb loss alone. Through advocacy and access to various support networks, they ensure those with limb loss and limb difference live full and active lives. Headquartered in Manassas, Virginia, they serve thousands of people across the US through the National Limb Loss Resource Center, support groups, certified peer visitations for new amputees, education, and community events.
SolutionPedestal kicked off by conducting a search audit and opportunity assessment to identify the best path to success for Amputee Coalition. We then activated our LIFT SEO System. Our research uncovered high-volume keyword phrases that were efficient to rank on and would attract those looking for limb loss and limb difference resources to the Amputee Coalition. Pedestal performed a thorough audit of their existing content and identified content gaps that we could produce keyword-rich content for. We then wrote regular, authoritative content for their website, optimizing for search visibility and click-through-rate using our LIFT SEO System. Several of our blogs quickly achieved rank on the first page of Google for target keywords. We also identified collaborative content opportunities within their community that performed well on social media, such as our interview with Alexis Hillyard of Stump Kitchen.
ResultsWithin 6 months, we achieved the following results:
- Pedestal’s LIFT-optimized blogs feature prominently on Google’s first page.
- Organic unique views of the entire site increased by 17%.
- Pedestal blogs generated 14k unique views from organic search.
- The increase in organic search visibility of the website is exposing the organization to more searchers who benefit from the Amputee Coalition’s offerings and support networks.