Evergreen PPC campaigns can be a huge asset to your business if they are occasionally optimized to represent the current needs and goals of the customers and business. Read more to learn a few optimization strategies to keep PPC campaigns evergreen and lessen the toll on a business’s resources.
What are evergreen PPC campaigns?An evergreen PPC campaign is a campaign that can be live year-round and that’s always performing by bringing in leads, clicks, or impressions. For a campaign to be evergreen, it must always be relevant. It can’t include information subject to changes like trends, seasons, prices (if they aren’t fixed), or short-term offers. That’s the perk to evergreen PPC campaigns. Once they’re set up, with a little maintenance here and there, they can be an easy and low-cost way to attract business. As a PPC ad agency, we have insider knowledge of how to optimize PPC campaigns that have gone stale.
4 ways to optimize campaigns with a PPC and SEO strategy
1. Small changes for big impactsWhen it comes to a PPC and SEO strategy, small changes can yield profitable results when using A/B testing. Some businesses assume if something isn’t performing well, they must redo the whole campaign when in fact it could be one tiny aspect that’s holding it back. When an evergreen campaign is going stale, consider first making small adjustments and tracking how it performs with each change to see what is needed. Here are some possible changes:
- Add extra conversion actions
- Use a new keyphrase
- Edit the ad copy
- Change the bid technique
- Optimize for user search intent
2. Use evergreen contentAbove we mentioned what to avoid when it comes to evergreen campaigns. What does a PPC agency recommend using to create an evergreen campaign?
- Copy to raise brand awareness
- Ads that highlight the unique value proposition (UVP)
- Content that shows how the brand solves a problem
- Featured snippets of the product or service in use
3. Collect user dataOur last PPC and SEO strategy to suggest is the collection of users’ information when they’ve interacted with a PPC campaign. This insight will outline whether or not the ideal audience is being attracted, what parts of the campaign have the most sway with the audience, and, if anything, what needs to change.
4. Implement offline conversion trackingAds don’t always lead directly to a conversion, but they can hook the user for an offline conversion that might happen in an office, store, or over the phone. It’s important to have a visual on this side of the ad as well by implementing an offline conversion tracker. This way, if the conversion doesn’t happen immediately, businesses can see whether or not the ad still started the chain reaction.
PPC agency: Pedestal SearchOur targeted, pay-per-click marketing strategies ensure we not only reach your target audience at the lowest cost but discover new audience insights as well. We drive the most relevant traffic with our proprietary search marketing techniques and long-tail keyword system. As a PPC agency, it’s our goal and responsibility to keep up-to-date with changes in algorithms, audience behavior, and industry trends. Looking for the fastest way to online success? Pedestal’s pay-per-click system and services enable your business to drive traffic, sales, and leads immediately on Google Search, high-traffic display networks, and social media. Let’s get to work on revamping your evergreen campaigns for optimal results, year-round. Contact us today.
CEO & Founder
Aaron Levenstadt completed his degree in Statistical & Data Science at Stanford University. That focus has given him an unparalleled data-driven approach to search engine digital marketing. Prior to founding Pedestal Search, Aaron worked at Google at the company’s headquarters in Mountain View California. At Google he worked on the Organic Search, Paid Search and Google Analytics products, which equipped him with extensive knowledge of the mechanisms driving Google’s algorithm and other internet search engines.