The importance of the online world continues to grow. Developing a sound SEO strategies and online positioning plansare vital. People conduct 210 million searches on Google every hour.
To connect these searches with results, Google ranks pages. The search engine results page displays the results starting with the top rank. User experience and search query relevance are among the core Google ranking signals. The higher you rank, the more traffic you attract. As a professional service provider, ranking high on Google is essential. Strong ranking has two key effects:
Content marketing does:
- Making your business more discoverable.
- Making your business more credible.
Why is the purpose of SEO to professional service providers?Pedestal has experience with SEO for professional services firms. This allows us to identify key avenues and benefits for their services. Below are three key reasons why developing a content strategy is crucial:
1) Practice growthPedestal’s work has helped grow various practices through digital channels. Clients often approach us with the goal of leveraging Google to get new clients. At the point of talking to us, however, they are not ranking for relevant keywords. Getting ranked on key terms will be essential to their SEO strategies. Pedestal starts with a comprehensive analysis & SEO audit of the client’s website. We conduct necessary keyword research and implement essential SEO strategies.
2) Establishes yourself as a credible and authoritative expertThe top results are the most credible to users. Placing high in search results for relevant keywords is important because it inspires trust. That translates into traffic, as almost all clicks go to the top three positions. A content strategy that helps you rank positions the business as a credible expert.
3) RecruitingYoung professionals graduating from top programs start their job hunt with Google. Ranking high for relevant terms is also beneficial for employee acquisition.
SEO strategies that convert
Content marketingAlthough content marketing doesn’t directly generate leads, it facilitates SEO strategies that do. Content marketing is a strong foundation for other strategies as it creates a space to share relevant content with the target audience.
Content marketing does:
- Create strong brand identity
- Boost brand credibility and authority
- Provide value to visitors
- Provide direction for other content strategy campaigns
The importance of local SEOBusinesses that target a geographical area, should be implementing local SEO. Local SEO allows prospective customers to find information about service providers near them.
- Captures nearby customers while they’re in the purchase phase.
- Users seeking professional services are more likely to click on local results.
- Google’s algorithm prioritizes local SEO.
The importance of mobile SEOAs mobile usage continues to grow, there has been a shift in search queries. Today, more searches happen on mobile phones than on any other device.
- Of all searches, 60 percent of them occur online.
- Over 60 percent of users call immediately after finding a top result.
- Call conversions are crucial as they convert into an appointment at a 50 percent rate.