UX and SEO: How they work togetherNot everyone is aware of how UX and SEO are intertwined although it shouldn’t be hard to believe every aspect of running an online business will have an impact on other parts. To develop SEO success stories, UX in SEO must first be addressed. Essentially, SEO strategies won’t succeed unless the customer experience is enjoyable enough for them to experience the SEO. Natural language processing is one of the main functions of UX SEO. Natural language processing focuses on using language and keywords that are most likely being used by the audience so a search engine can provide them with the most relevant content. Then, it’s the experience users receive on the page that determines whether or not they’ll share the page with others or return. User experience SEO on a webpage will give users an experience they can’t get elsewhere, which will make them feel enthusiastic enough to share with their friends, link to the page, and recommend it. SEO isn’t only keywords, metadata, and content; it’s also user experience because without the user interacting with a page, there’d be no rank to give.
UX in SEOTo further define how the user experience fits into SEO strategies, check out the following determinators.
- UX on its own focuses on a clear information structure and CTA buttons to easily interact with the business.
- SEO is the optimization of code and content for search engines and link building.
- Together, UX and SEO are optimized page titles, appropriate headings, well-designed navigation, mobile-friendly interfaces, and website loading speed.
SEO versus SEMTo clearly understand UX in SEO, make sure to understand SEO vs SEM. Search engine marketing (SEM) is like the umbrella term for strategies like SEO and PPC because it’s about marketing efforts through search engines. Search engine optimization (SEO) is more focused on gaining website traffic through organic search using tools like on-page optimization and technical optimization.
UX in SEO: implementing a strategy to earn SEO success storiesHaving now understood the role UX SEO has to play, try implementing these nine steps to make SEO success stories for any business.
- Create content for the user The content is there for the user to interact with so that SEO ranking can improve and lead generation can flow. While content should still be optimized for SEO purposes, remember who will be consuming the content.
- Answer questions On top of using keywords the target audience is using, understand the why behind the search queries and focus on answering questions that the audience has that they might not explicitly be asking.
- Improve the web page experience Having a great landing page is essential. Don’t put all the time and effort into the title and description to get users to the site; put equal emphasis on the quality of the landing page to continuously provide value and incentive to move forward.
- Mirror site visitors Make the visitors to the site feel like they can see themselves on the page. That can be through images, like-minded people, relevant content, and more. If a visitor can see themselves on the page, they’re more likely to connect with the business.
- Simplify the navigation Don’t make things difficult for visitors. Make any information they want easy to find and get to. Confusing navigation menus will turn visitors away quickly.
- Focus on page speed Ensure each page loads quickly. Don’t let this simple factor be a negative influence on visitors. The longer a page takes to load, the more likely visitors will leave.
- Be mobile-friendly Google’s algorithm crawls mobile pages before crawling desktop web pages. This is how it starts to determine the validity of a website so make sure the site is optimized to be mobile-friendly, not just for users but for Google’s analysis as well.
- Offer consistent branding Users will be able to connect with brands that offer consistent branding through the user experience and SEO strategies. A clear, memorable brand will stick with consumers even if they aren’t yet ready to make a purchase decision.
- Give the user clear actions At every stage of the user experience, make sure the user has a clear action to take. This can be a video to watch, a webinar to join, a form to submit, or an appointment to book. Whatever it is, don’t waste the attention the user is giving; take control of the conversation by offering an action.
SEO Toronto solutions: Pedestal SearchMake your own SEO success stories. We drive meaningful traffic to build trust and growth with unparalleled expert strategy and execution tailored to your business goals. Whether a start-up or an established enterprise, Pedestal collaborates with you to create a personalized search engine marketing strategy. Get started today.
SEM, SEO, SEO Strategies
CEO & Founder
Aaron Levenstadt completed his degree in Statistical & Data Science at Stanford University. That focus has given him an unparalleled data-driven approach to search engine digital marketing. Prior to founding Pedestal Search, Aaron worked at Google at the company’s headquarters in Mountain View California. At Google he worked on the Organic Search, Paid Search and Google Analytics products, which equipped him with extensive knowledge of the mechanisms driving Google’s algorithm and other internet search engines.